21.06.2021 - 27.06.2021
It is last week of implementation of GREEN VIVO project which was realized with financial support of CARITAS ITALIANA (ref. no. МЕ 108/21). Project aimed to contribute decreasing of economic consequences caused by Covid 19 pandemics and, to provide possibility for sustainable (re)integration of people in need.
Key results that were achieved with implementation of this project are:
- Increased capacities for biohumus production (from 16 to 24 small worm beds)
- Simplified is sowing of biohumus by making one big sowing machine (sowing capacity: cca 200kg/hour)
- Purchased was necessary equipment for packing of produced biohumus (plastic bags with capacity of 3 liters, cliché for plastic bags branding, machine for gluing of filled plastic bags)
- With support of group of students from American University College Skopje, defined are (at least two) options for future packing of our biohumus
- We started promoting brand GREEN VIVO, under which we will produce and sell our biohumus (we introduced new FB page (https://www.facebook.com/greenvivomk), and we purchased domain (www.greenvivo.mk))
- We performed microbiological and chemical/physical analyses of biohumus, officially confirming eligibility for its use, but also its excellent quality
- We created all pre-conditions for future commercialization of our biohumus, which will be our main goal after adding it in list of official (state) biohumus register
- Upgraded are skills of our friend and member, Sašo Spasovski (former homeless person) in handling with various tools, but also his knowledge in production and promotion of biohumus
- We engaged three external experts in adequate implementation of our current activities, but also in planning of future scalability of our production
- Improved are conditions for living and working for Saše at parcels where we are producing our biohumus, by: making inner (service) road that simplified access of cars to our parcels, fencing our parcels and finishing the terraces in front of our object
- Inviting members of marginalized groups of our fellow citizens to take a part in future sales of biohumus, in order to support their professional (re)integration and to improve their financial incomes
In order to share results achieved with implementation of GREEN VIVO project, on June 23rd 2021, we organized ‘open day’ on which we were visited more than fifty friend and supporters of our Organisation.
Our first visitors were representatives of Makedonski Caritas, and after them we were visited by:
- Eptisa experts, Barbara Sadowska from Barka Foundation (Poland) and prof. Igor Atanasov from University American College Skopje
- Претседателот на Комора на Органски Производители, г-дин Драган Цветковиќ
- President of Chamber of Organic Producers, Dragan Cvetković
- Prof. Stojan and prof. Aleksandra from Faculty of Economics at St. Ciril and Methodius University (UKIM)
- Prof. Natalia from Faculty of Natural Sciences and Mathematics at UKIM
- Director and Manager of ‘Network for Rural Development’, Petar and Ana
- Group of our homeless friends that were part of our YODA project in 2020
- Director of State Agency for Support of Entrepreneurship, Shenasi Xheladini
- Team of Macedonian Human Resources Association, led by its President Darko Petrovski
- Representatives of Organisation ‘HOPS – Options for healthy life’, Blagorodna and Lidija
- Representatives of Foundation ‘Reto Nadež’, Blagojče and Igor
- Manager of socialy responsible company JoGo Merkur (Osogovski Mlečni Proizvodi), together with company owner Goran Dabevski.
As a small sign of appreciation to all our friends and supporters that visited us, we gave each of them one package of our biohumus.